Facility class to load Images, Icons and Cursors.
Package hep.wired.image Description
Icons and Cursors.
Icons and Cursors can be loaded into WIRED using the WiredImage class.
Icons and Cursors are made from Adobe Illustrator files using the following procedure:
- Use Adobe Illustrator 9.
- Save the .ai files in Illustrator version 9 format (binary).
- Use a ...Cursor.ai file for cursors (256, 256), other ai files for icons (128, 128).
- Stay on the grid.
- Use "Save for Web" to create ...Cursor32.png and ...16 files for cursors and icons.
- Use "antialiasing", though for cursors in JDK 1.4 they may not look so nice
since on some platforms the antialising between alpha-transparent pixels and the background
fails to work, see
SUN bug 4842475.
- Use PNG24, which has alpha-level transparency.
- Use Transparency.
- Use Clip to ArtBoard.
- Use 32 or 16 for size (for MacOS we may want to make 64 and 128 size versions also).